Baden-Württemberg Scholarship - Study as Incoming student at SRH University Heidelberg
SRH University Heidelberg was selected as a partner for the Baden-Wuerttemberg Scholarship, a program of the Baden-Wuerttemberg Foundation.
This scholarship is available exclusively for students from our Partner Schools who want to study here for 3 - 11 months.
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2013 for the academic year 2013/2014 (proposed starting date is 1 July 2013). The scholarships are offered annually.
The final selection and announcement of the scholarship awards by the Baden-Wuerttemberg Foundation will be made in June 2013.
The application for the scholarship requires a written application, but you can scan and e-mail all documents. The university does not send out rejection letters. The applications forms will not be returned and we ask that you send us only copies of all documents. Additionally, applicants have to log in and upload their documents in the new portal for the Baden-Wuerttemberg Scholarship. This will be possible from March 2013 and all applicants who have applied in writing will receive a confimation message from us!
A completed application includes:
- Application Form
- Proof of enrollment
- Letter of motivation for the choice of partner university (Max. 2 pages)
- CV in tabula form
- Current transcript of grades from your university
- Letter of recommendation from a supervising lecturer of your university or from your international office
- If necessary, the testimony of a first degree
- Other evidence in support of the statements made in the application, e.g. volunteer work, special personal or familiar circumstances
The selection for the Baden-Wuerttemberg scholarship award is made by a select commitee. Criteria for selection will a high academic performance in addition to the social and intercultural competence of the candidate.
In evaluating the applicant the following criteria will be considered:
- Previous academic work, in particular ECTS credits achieved (for Master's degree students the final grade of previous studies)
- Motivation to study abroad, language skills and knowledge of the country selected
- Letters of recommendation from a lecturer of your university or from your international office
Additional important criteria includes previous personal history, awards, previous employment and internships, extra-curricular or extra-professional involvement, e.g. in voluntary work, community, social, university policy or political commitment, collaboration with organizations etc.
The scholarship cannot be combined with other grants such as ERASMUS grants or other scholarships.
There is no legal claim to this scholarship.
Scholarship and ERASMUS Coordinator
Tel. +49 (0)6221 88-2480
Fax +49 (0)6221 88-1444