SRH Digital Summer School in Music Therapy 2020 sponsored by the DAAD with funds from the German Federal Foreign Office
... want to learn about music therapy in Germany?
... want to study in Germany’s most famous university town, Heidelberg?
... want to internationalize your career?
Our SRH Digital Summer School for Music Therapy 2020 is an introduction to music therapy practices in Germany, with an emphasis on music therapy in psychosomatic care. Students experience music therapy interventions incorporating songs and improvisational methods.
This program is designed for people interested in studying music therapy at the master’s level: students of music, the health sciences, psychology, education, cultural studies, and related fields. We particularly encourage applications from individuals who are interested in pursuing a Master’s degree in music therapy at SRH Heidelberg University. We welcome all applicants, but students with high motivation to pursue the MA in Music Therapy at SRH will be given priority. Current university students may apply, as well as university graduates.
This summer school is offered in English.
The program runs from Monday, July 27 to Friday, July 31, from 11:00 – 16:00 Central European Time. We expect participants to be present online during these times; some assignments will be completed outside of these times.
The 2020 Digital Summer School in music therapy is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). This funding covers the academic program and all participation costs.
We will offer certificates of participation for the 2020 Summer School in music therapy for at least 75% participation. No formal transcripts will be issued.
The 2020 Summer School in Music Therapy will be offered online using Zoom. We will invite all applicants who were selected to register. Registered applicants will be informed how to join.
The application process is closed. Evaluation will begin in February and we will notify applicants who are accepted into the program beginning in March 2020.
Please prepare and upload the following documents:
- Essay (in English) describing your educational and/or professional history and your interest in pursuing a master’s degree in music therapy at SRH University Heidelberg. What are your career plans? How does this summer school support them? Are you interested in interviewing/auditioning for the M.A. during the summer school? (max. 3 pages)
- Resume or c.v. including education, work experience and clinical training/practicum/fieldwork experience (if applicable)
- Letter of recommendation from someone who knows you well, regarding your suitability for this program and for master’s-level studies
- University transcript, including proof of graduation when applicable
Applications are only accepted online.
The following criteria will guide the evaluation process:
- Interest in the M.A in Music Therapy at SRH University Heidelberg
- Strength of educational/professional background
- Relevance of SRH M.A. in Music Therapy to career goals
- Quality of communication skills
- Level of professionalism in communications
March 15th 2020
All participants need a computer or tablet with camera, microphone, and speakers (either built-in or separate is fine).
All participants need reliable broadband internet service (e.g., DSL).
All participants need access to at least one accompanying instrument (e.g., guitar, piano, etc.). Any other smaller instruments are welcome.
Important notice due to COVID-19
Europe and the world are now under intense pressure from the Covid-19 pandemic. Events for large audiences in the near future are either cancelled or postponed. Until April 19, 2020 all academic events on campus of the SRH University Heidelberg are cancelled. We do not have further information regarding the next steps that will be taken after the mentioned date. As the SRH Summer School in Music therapy will take place in August, it is too early to tell what consequences to expect. For the moment, we are confident that the summer school will take place as scheduled, in case something changes we will keep you informed.
Sponsored with funds by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
This summer school is funded by the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) with € 30,000 from the Federal Foreign Office (AA). The grants can help foreign applicants with their travel and accommodation costs.