As an electrical engineer, you will be a leader in innovation - from programming new smartphones and electric vehicles to guidance systems for high-speed trains and medical apparatus. There are excellent professional opportunities for you here. Electrical engineers are often offered attractive positions even before they finish their studies.
|Abschluss||Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.)|
Annually 01 October
To study at the SRH University of Applied Science in Heidelberg, you must fulfill one of the following requirements:
Plus in addition:
|Exchange semester / Internship||
includes 90 days of external internship at a company of your choice
620 € per month + one-time registration fee of 650 €
Design innovative electronic products in a stimulating atmosphere
Are you interested in developing efficient electric vehicles, or electronic instruments for medicine? Then this is the course for you. Electrical engineering involves, among other things, the scientific application of electronics and information technology. Our central focus is on the areas of electromobility and life science engineering. As an electrical engineer, you will develop reliable electronic products, or take on a key position (head or expert) in sales and distribution, in the office or in the field.
Electromobility enables the practical combination of climate protection, resource preservation and industrial policies. As an example, electromobility allows the efficient conversion of the volatile feed of electrical current from decentralized renewable energy sources, particularly wind energy, into sustainable mobility. This is achieved by using intelligent networks and electricity supply meters (smart grids, smart metering) in the mobile electrical storage units of electric vehicles. This represents a fundamental change of system, in which technologies and applications are combined with each other effectively and innovatively. Electric vehicles, traffic networks, electricity networks and ICT networks will grow together in the future. Electromobility is thus much more than a further development of the automobile to an electric vehicle. The question is not whether this advance in technology will be achieved, but when, how, and by whom first.
Life Science Engineering
The life science industry is a growing branch with a future, offering you excellent professional opportunities. Research and teaching in the major Life Science Engineering are characterized by three leading principles:
- consistent orientation towards the challenges of daily life in the areas of health, safety, mobility, communication, and the environment
- a theoretically and methodologically sound approach to these areas
- the design of learning processes with an intensive mutual exchange of ideas between scientists in different disciplines and people from politics, the business world and society in general.
This trans-disciplinary approach allows our students to learn from the interactions of electrical engineering and electronics, information science and information technology, mechatronics, systems technology and sustainability.
Aims of the Course
- Acquiring the ability to independently further develop electronic applications, from idea to prototype
- Acquiring a solid knowledge of electrical engineering and its mathematical and physical foundations, and acquiring the ability to use these for technical innovation
- Mathematics and Physics
- Electrical Engineering and Applied Informatics
- Construction Elements / Layout Design
- Systems Theory
- Business Administration
- Measuring Technology and Circuit Technology
- Sensing and Actuating Technology
- Computer Networks and Bus Systems
- various subjects in the two Majors
- Electromobility and
- Life Science Engineering
Content of the Study Majors
- digital technology
- power electronics
- vehicle technology
- transmission processes
- embedded systems
- Life Science Engineering
- anatomy and physiology / biosensors
- biomedical signal acquisition
- telemedical signal acquisition
- modelling and simulation
- applied life science
Your Course of Studies - Divided into Modules
|01 Engineering Fundamentals I||8|
|02 Engineering Fundamentals II||8|
|03 Basics of Informatics||8|
|04 Business Studies||8|
|05 Electrical Engineering||8|
|06 Electrical Engineering/Measuring Technology||8|
|07 Circuit Technology||8|
|08 Planning and Communication||8|
|09 Construction Elements/Layout Design||8|
|10 System Analysis||8|
|11 Automatic Control Technology with Simulation||8|
|13 Sensing and Actuating Technology||8|
|16 Quality and Statistics||8|
|17 Bus Systems||8|
|18 Study Major I||8|
|19 Study Major II||8|
|20 Study Major III||8|
|21 Study Major IV||8|
|22 Study Major V||8|
|23 Bachelor Thesis and Colloquium||15|
Make Yourself Fit For Progress
As an electrical engineer, you are an innovator in modern society. By emphasizing the right majors, you can specialize in the current and future challenges facing the industry.
Sectors / Areas of Work:
- Automotive Industry
- Mechanical Engineering and Plant Manufacturing
- Food Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Medical and Microsystems Technology
- Energy Industry
- Aerospace Industry
- Traffic Technology and Regulation
- Engineering and Construction Offices
- Software Companies
Examples of Functions:
- Research and Development
- Planning and Project Management
- Inspection and Quality Management
- Sales and Marketing Management
If you are interested in studying Electrical Engineering, you can send us your application online via the application portal.
If you have any questions or need any clarification concerning your application, please do not hesitate to contact the person responsible.
Telephon: +49 6221 88-2538
Lernen Sie uns persönlich kennen!
Fragen zum Studiengang? Sprechen Sie uns an.
... oder direkt anfordern.
Benötigen Sie mehr Material über diesen Studiengang?Informationsmaterial anfordern