Get your German Degree!
Studying abroad – especially in a country very different from your own – is an exciting challenge and will have a long-lasting impact on your life. Yet there are many things to consider and to organize. We offer a wide range of support to prepare for this for our international students.
Please submit your application online to check your eligibility by attaching the following documents:
- University Entrance Qualification or Entrance Qualification for Universities of Applied Sciences (for Bachelor degree courses). Check the DAAD online admission database or Anabinto see whether your secondary school leaving certificate is recognized as a qualification for direct university admission in Germany.
- Bachelor certificate (for Master degree courses)
- Curriculum Vitae with current photo
- Motivation letter/ statement of purpose
- Certificate of a language proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, Test DaF or similar) unless entrance qualifications were fully taken in English or German.
Please note: you do NOT have to send us the application documents via post after you have completed the online application.
Once you have submitted your full and complete application by the official deadline and it will be formally checked and processed by the Central Students Service. You will then receive an email within 3 weeks informing you if you have or have not been offered admission in the subject you have applied for. After receiving the admission email (Pre Admission letter), you have 14 days to inform us whether or not you accept the offer.
For most degree programmes, the language of instruction is German. You will therefore have to prove that you have an adequate knowledge of German. Applicants for a degree course held in German need to have German language skills at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Language (e.G. TestDaF 4x4, DSHII, Goethe Zertifikat C1, DSDII, Telc Hochschule C1).
International degree programs taught in English require proof of language skills in English (for example, TOEFL, the “Test of English as a foreign language”). SRH University Heidelberg requires a minimum TOEFL score of 80 IBT, IELTS 6.5 or Duolingo Certifivcate 95 or PTE Academic 58. If your previous studies were fully taken in English (100%), we might accept that as proof of English profiency.
You are not required to have German language skills if your course of study is in English.