Important information COVID-19
Due to the current coronavirus pandemic all of our students information days are online.
SRH Digital Summer School in Music Therapy 2021
... want to learn about music therapy in Germany?
... want to study in Germanny’s most famous university town, Heidelberg?
… want to internationalize your career?
Our SRH Digital Summer School for Music Therapy 2021 is an introduction to music therapy practices in Germany with an emphasis on music therapy in pychosomatic care. Students experience music therapy interventions incorporating songs and improvisational methods.
This programme is designed for people interested in studying music therapy at the master’s level: students of music, the health sciences, psychology, education, cultural studies, and related fields. We particularly encourage applications from individuals who are interested in pursuing a Master’s degree in music therapy at SRH Heidelberg University. We welcome all applicants, but students with high motivation to pursue the MA in Music Therapy at SRH will be given priority. Current university students may apply, as well as university graduates.
This summer school is offered in English.
26. - 30.07.2021
The 2021 Summer School is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). This funding covers the academic program, all study materials and cultural program.
We will offer certificates of participation for the 2021 Summer School in music therapy. No formal transcripts will be issued.
The application portal is already open directly here on this website. Evaluation will begin in June and we will notify applicants who are accepted into the program beginning in July 2021.
Please prepare and upload the following documents:
- Essay (in English) on the following topic „Essay about your interest in the Digital Summer School in Music Therapy.” In your essay you can describe your educational and/or professional history and your interest in pursuing a master’s degree in music therapy at SRH University Heidelberg. What are your career plans? How does this summer school support them? Are you interested in interviewing/auditioning for the M.A. during the summer school? (max. 3 pages)
- Resume or c.v. including education, work experience and clinical training/practicum/fieldwork experience (if applicable)
*Applications are only accepted online
The following criteria will guide the evaluation process:
- Interest in the M.A in Music Therapy at SRH University Heidelberg
- Strength of educational/professional background
- Relevance of SRH M.A. in Music Therapy to career goals
- Quality of communication skills
- Level of professionalism in communications
All students will need a laptop or a tablet with camera, micro and loudspeaker as well as a good internet connection.
Impressions Digital Summer School in Music Therapy 2020
Sponsored with funds by the DAAD
This Summer school is funded by the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) with 30, 000 Euro from the Federal Foreign Office (AA). The grants can help foreign applicants with thei travel and accommodation costs.