Exchange students must be nominated by their home Institution no later than 4 weeks prior to the application deadline. Please send *name, *e-mail address,*study program directly to the International Office. The nomination will then be confirmed and processed by the respective faculty in a specific selection procedure.
An English language level of at least B2 is required in order to attend courses taught in English, (C1 for Master students). If students cannot provide a language certificate, they might be required to undertake a Skype interview to confirm the language ability. If exchange students are fluent in German they are most welcome to attend courses taught in German.
Students have to apply online here and upload the required documents - all documents must be labelled with “last name, first name, document name. pdf” – no hard copies required.
- Official transcript of records or confirmation of courses taken at the home university
- Final school leaving certificate (high school graduation certificate - date, grade)
- One photo, (for the student card), passport-style - jpg
- Copy of current passport
- Proof of proficiency in the German or English language, or letter confirming native German/English speaker)
- Learning agreement (for non-EU exchange students use attached form; EU-students use form provided by their home university)
- Official transcript of records or confirmation of courses taken at home university
- Final school leaving certificate/high school graduation certificate (date, grade)
- Bachelor degree, diploma (title, date, grade); (if applicable)
- One passport-style photo (for student id-card) (jpg)
- Copy of current passport photo page
- Proof of proficiency in the German language or English language (depending on the course chosen, at least at B2 level)
- Learning agreement (Erasmus
For spring 2019 (beginning 7 January or 11 February): 1 October 2018
For spring 2019 (beginning 1 April): 10 January 2019
For fall 2019 (beginning 27 August): 1 April 2019
For fall 2019 (beginning 1 October): 1 Mai 2019
We have changed from semester-long courses to sequential 5-week blocks (intensive studying of just one or two subjects during a 5 week period). There is no additional exam period, as exams are included within the 5 weeks.
|Academic Year 2017/2018|
|Block 8||Orientation |
|Block 1||Block 2||Block 3||Block 4||Block 5||Block 6||Block 7|
In each block students can undertake no more than 8 ECTS, 60 ECTS a year.
The respective faculties will inform applicants about the courses open to exchange students. All students – German and international – are offered a variety of foreign language courses (2 ECTS each) free of charge. Courses currently available include French, Spanish, Turkish, Chinese, English and German of course. English and German are taught at different levels, so your language knowledge will be assessed to determine the right level for tuition.
The detailed Transcript of Records will be sent to your home university within 8 weeks.