Summer School Neckar Now: Transformative approaches for a sustainable future - engineering and architectural perspectives
The School of Engineering and Architecture presents the first interdisciplinary Summer School “Neckar Now: Transformative approaches for a sustainable future” taking place from 16th until 23nd of August 2020.
The Neckar Now Summer School addresses the potential and challenges of a city along the river from an engineering and architectural perspective. Heidelberg provides the perfect setting to learn about current trends and methods of sustainable innovation and design. Field trips, input sessions and expert feedback rounds give the participants the ability to develop different approaches to local problems as well as to create their own projects in an immersive experience. An exciting one-week program for those considering future studies in Water Technology (M.Eng.) or Architecture (B.A. or M.A.).
The interdisciplinary Summer School gives international students and young scientists an insight into life, teaching and studying in Germany.
Objectives of the Summer School Neckar Now
- To provide a common interdisciplinary scientific basis. The participants learn different methods of innovation management and are able to apply them in the field of water technology & architecture.
- The participants learn through best practice examples and field trips different approaches based on the interaction between architecture and water technology and can apply them to their new project ideas.
- To bring together a group of international students and discuss the tendencies and possibilities of different countries, sectors and social actors. At the same time the participants reflect on their intercultural similarities and differences.
- At the end of the Summer School the participants are informed about the requirements for further studies and academic qualification paths in Germany.
This program is designed for students of engineering, architecture, urban planning, geography, design and related fields. We particularly encourage applications from individuals who are interested in pursuing a Master’s degree in Water Technology (M.Eng.) or Architecture (M.A.). at SRH Heidelberg University. We welcome all applicants, current university students may apply, as well as university graduates.
Our summer school is offered in English.
The Neckar Now Summer School is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). This funding covers the academic program, all study materials and cultural program and supports successful applicants with travel costs, accommodation, excursions, and subsistence. The grant for travel, accommodation and subsistence (including meals) is made by lump sum payments. The participants will receive the lump sums in cash in Heidelberg during the summer school.
The amount of the grant for travel costs varies according to the country of origin. You can find a list with countries and lump sums at the following link.
For accommodation and subsistence (including meals) each participant receives a lump sum of 250€ for the whole duration of the summer school (1 week).
No other expenses apart from those can be reimbursed.
Advance payments or money transfers abroad are not possible.
We will offer certificates of participation for our Summer School in 2020.
Summer School participants from countries for which Germany requires visas must make their own arrangements for visas. SRH University will provide letters of acceptance to the summer school to those participants who need them. Please inform yourself about visa requirements before applying.
Please upload the following documents:
- Essay (in English) describing your educational and/or professional history. What are your career plans? How does this summer school support them? Are you interested in in pursuing a master’s degree in Water Technology or Architecture at SRH University Heidelberg? (max. 3 pages)
- Resume or c.v. including education, work experience and related internships or fieldwork experience (if applicable)
- Letter of recommendation from someone who knows you well, regarding your suitability for this program and for master’s-level studies University transcript, including proof of graduation when applicable.
Follow our SRH architecture & real estate Instagram channel to get more insights about our programmes and current projects.
Sponsored with funds by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
This summer school is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with € 30,000 from the Federal Foreign Office (AA). The grants can help foreign applicants with their travel and accommodation costs.
Download now !