Dear students of SRH University Heidelberg,
With this website we would like to inform our international students step by step how to get enrolled and ready to begin their studies.
STEP 1: Get Health Insurance before arrival
- Make sure to take care of your health insurance status before coming to Germany. You will need to show proof of health insurance when you enrol at the university and apply for a residence permit.
- Please note that by German law we can only enrol you if you can show proof of a health insurance. If you are not enrolled, you cannot start your virtual classes, use the university internet / student portal, access your student email or even open your bank account. A travel insurance is NOT sufficient.
- We are in collaboration with the health insurance AOK. You can contact Markus Ertelt (email@example.com). He will send you the contract NOW, it costs about 105 € per month (money will be deducted from your German account AFTER arrival), and you are fully covered. You need the signed contract for online enrolment ( -> see STEP 4. You can also use this contract as a proof of health insurance during your visa application process)
- European students with an EHIC (European Health Insurance Card): contact AOK, Markus Ertelt, and ask him to issue a letter certifying that you are insured with an exemption letter.
- Feel free to contact any other statuary health insurance of your choice (TK, DAK, Barmer etc.).
- Check the DAAD website for more information. DAAD Health Insurance Requirements for Studying in Germany
STEP 2: Online enrolment, campus wifi, SMARTCARD (student ID) + Semester Ticket
Given the special circumstances we will enrol you online, so that you can access the online student portal (CAMPUS-NET) even from your home country and will be able to follow the online courses. This is a conditional enrolment, because later you will have to submit your original documents.
Please send the following documents (scans or pictures) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Signed study contract
- Passport + visa (if applicable)
- Proof of health insurance (-> see step 1)
- Bachelor degree certificate
- Your permanent address in Germany
Please submit all of your enrolment documents by the deadline. This way we can ensure that we have you completely enrolled and ready to start your orientation and your courses on the first day of the semester.
Once you are enrolled you will receive a “matriculation email” within 24 hours with a password to use for the online student portal CAMPUS-NET and Wi-Fi. You will be asked to change your password immediately. This will also automatically change your Wi-Fi password to the new password you created. To help you to get familiar with CAMPUS-NET and the Wi-Fi, we will provide you with an instructional video in due time we will send you an explanation video in due time.
In that “matriculation email” you will also receive instructions on how to upload your picture for your SMARTCARD (student ID). Once you have uploaded your picture, the SMARTCARD will be issued and ready for your arrival:
- Either into your letterbox, if you live on campus
- Or sent to the given address in Germany
- Or you can collect it upon appointment after your arrival
If you would like a semester ticket to travel within and around Heidelberg at a fair price, please take your student ID (SMARTCARD) to the Heidelberg Main Station and ask at the DB office. The Semester Ticket at the current price rate is valid for 6 months.
STEP 3: Arrival from Frankfurt Airport
- by train: www.bahn.de to Heidelberg Main Station.
- by shuttle service to Heidelberg downtown Frankfurt Airport Shuttles. Seats should be booked in advance. Be prepared to pay the fare in cash.
- by shuttle service door to door TLS Shuttle. Must be booked in advance. Be prepared to pay the fare in cash.
- by FLIX-BUS: www.flixbus.com to Heidelberg Main Station. Must be booked in advance.
To reach the campus, take tram 5 to SRH Campus or Bus 34/35 to Bonhoefferstrasse.
STEP 4: Accommodation
- off campus: proceed to your accommodation as arranged with your landlord
- on campus:
- BS13/MPS3 single rooms: follow the instructions given by Mr. Hippel. Keys are to be collected at Infopoint 24/7 at Bonhoeffer Strasse 17
- BS9: Please refer to instructions you have received from Ms. Walerija Kostin.
- no accommodation yet? Please contact Ms. Kostin for rooms in BS9 Walerija.Kostin@srh.de
STEP 5: Bedding
If you need pillow, blanket, sheet and bed-cover, you can order a bedding set in advance. This is sold as a set – individual items cannot be purchase alone. Shortly before your arrival you will receive a form to fill in and we will get it into your room BEFORE you move in. You will have to pay 50 € at our cash desk in MPS 3 ground floor. Then email us a picture or a scan of your receipt.
STEP 6: City Registration at Citizen Office (Bürgeramt Wieblingen)
STEP 7: Opening a bank account
COVID-19: measures for the university community Get updates around COVID-19 and read the comprehensive FAQs
Any Questions? Then contact us.
If you have any further questions, we are happy to help you!