Are you interested in study programmes with a focus on sustainability? Visit SRH University Heidelberg at the Study in Germany virtual fair!Event
Extended application deadline
Application is still possible. Your semester start is planned as hybrid and face-to-face teaching.
Your course content
What you will learn
The following modules are taken in the first semester: Architectural Theory, Building Construction I + II, Urban Analysis and Representation. Together, we focus on a reflexive approach towards architecture and the city: we develop architectural ideas, concepts and theories, and implement them in architectural design. In the second semester, we concentrate on an existing building, taking the steps of analysis, design and building construction in existing fabric. Besides working in the university, we also explore the object on site. A variety of electives round off the semester before you start
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
Having completed the Master’s degree in Architecture-Design for the Built Environment, you will be perfectly equipped for an increasingly global and international world. Your English and intercultural skills will enable you to collaborate with people from other cultures, jointly leveraging this potential. Working in an architecture firm at home or abroad, you will be able to make a direct contribution to the wide-ranging debate on important social challenges, such as dealing with existing architecture and urban structures or creating tomorrow’s people-friendly and climate-friendly cities.
Curriculum Architecture (M.A.) Your curriculum
- Architectural Theory 8
- Design and Building Construction I 8
- Design and Building Construction II 8
- Urban Analysis and Representation 8
- Analysis of the Existing Fabric 8
- Design in Existing Fabric 8
- Building Construction in Existing Fabric 8
- Electives 8
- Master's thesis 23
- Colloquium 3
Impressions Student work
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
You can be admitted to the Master’s programme in "Architecture - Design for the Built Environment" if you have the following qualifications and knowledge:
- A Bachelor Degree in Architecture (210 CP) is required with Numerus Clausus of 2.5 (according to German grading system). Applicants with 180 CP degrees need to take a preparatory course (30 CP)
- English language proficiency: IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 80 / Duolingo Certificate 95 / PTE Academics 58, or a pass in a comparable aptitude test
- Architecture Portfolio
Applicants from abroad must show their eligibility for entry to higher education by presenting certificates of previous qualifications.
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
690 EUR per month + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR.
Applicants from Non-EEA countries without permanent residence permit need to pay a one-time registration fee of 1,000 EUR and must pay the first year’s tuition fee in advance. From the second year onwards the payments for the remaining years of study are due three months before the end of the period of study already paid for.
For more information and payment modalities, please refer to the current fee schedule (valid from 01.12.2020).
Application process and deadlines
Applying to us will involve:
- Using the online portal to apply, submitting your university certificates, references and internship certificates, a letter of motivation, and a portfolio containing your designs and other work,
- having a personal interview.