Some of your career perspectives
- Psychiatric clinics
- Psychosomatic and psychotherapeutic clinics
- Clinics specializing in neurology
- Geriatric institutions, homes for seniors
- Institutions for people with mental and/or physical disabilities
- Oncology departments as well as after-care centers
- Centers for pain treatment and palliative care
- Centers for vocational rehabilitation
- Psychosocial consulting centers
- Establishment of private practice
The scientific foundations and the methodological and professional skills gained on the Master’s programme in Dance Movement Therapy will enable you to work in a clinical, therapeutic or special needs context (e.g. in psychiatry, neurology, paediatrics or palliative care). You will also be able to pursue a career in research and work towards a doctorate.
The skills gained can also be transferred independently to other clinical areas such as forensics, geriatrics or curative education. Setting up a practice is regulated by law under the Alternative Medical Practitioners Act (HeilprG) and requires a separate state examination (alternative medical practitioner / psychotherapy).
The degree programme is recognised by the German Professional Organisation For Dance Therapists (BTD). Evidence of additional achievements must be provided to be accepted into the BTD.