Your course content
What you will learn
We will teach you management skills: we will give you the tools required to perform strategic decision-making, HR management, and managerial tasks in a company. We will provide you with training in sustainability: you will learn to identify and prioritise energy, economic, ecological and social challenges by considering technical feasibility – and to develop sustainable solutions.
We turn your gaze to the world: from the legal situation in other countries to cultural differences. Develop your intercultural skills and recognise global economic contexts.
An example of our teaching in the Master’s programme in International Business and Engineering:
Together, we develop a sustainable and innovative product design. In the process, you learn to:
- Identify areas of need and develop innovative ideas
- Describe the specifications of the product
- Determine its technical, economic and ecological feasibility
- Develop and define business models (including the pre-development phase, production, sales and service)
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
You will be well prepared for your future managerial tasks in an innovative and dynamic working environment: after completing this Master’s degree, you will confidently shoulder management tasks in the area of technical and business development. Good language skills and practical experience in Germany and abroad round off your profile.
Ultimately, you will be able to drive projects forward in terms of technology, economy and sustainability: developing, designing and assessing them accordingly.
Successful completion of the Master’s programme qualifies you to start a doctorate.
During your study period
- Working student: You can work in any company for 20 hours a week. The vicinity our university provides opportunity to find a working student in the companies located in Heidelberg, Mannheim, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart.
- Operations Management: This is one of our elective modules which allows you to work in a company for a period five weeks with 35 to 40 hours a week. Also, this elective laid a pathway to find master thesis topic outside the university.
Chat with our students
Do you want first-hand information? Our students are happy to share their experiences with you, tell you about their courses, their projects and student life in Heidelberg.
Curriculum International Business and Engineering (M.Eng.) Your curriculum
- Energy and Sustainability 16
- Top Management 8
- International Framework 8
- Modern Technologies and Development 8
- International Collaboration 6
- Middle Management 6
- Engineering Design Project 6
- Electives 6
- Master's Thesis 26
Everything revolves around you
We believe that sustainable learning is only possible if there is enough space for experimentation, games and critical thinking. That is why we have completely restructured the classical course of studies.
Based on our proven CORE principle, we have aligned all learning objectives, forms of examination, teaching and learning methods for you, in order to make learning as fun and successful as possible.Read more about the CORE principle
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
Requirements for admission to this Master’s programme:
- A degree in industrial engineering, engineering or management with a final grade of 2.5 or better
- English language proficiency: IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 80 / Duolingo Certificate 95 / PTE Academics 58, or a pass in a comparable aptitude test
When is it necessary to take a preliminary course?
- A degree in industrial engineering qualifies you to start the Master’s programme straight away.
- Graduates who hold an engineering or technical degree will be admitted to the Master’s programme after taking the preliminary business courses:
- Business Essentials I
Business Theory and Research, Business Law, Market Analysis, Marketing and Sales, Business Startup
- Business Essentials II
Business Management, Investment, Finance and Business Mathematics, Human Resources
- Business Essentials I
- A preliminary engineering course for graduates with a degree in economics or business administration qualifies them for admission to the Master’s programme:
- Technical Essentials I
Mathematics, Materials Science, Technical Mechanics
- Technical Essentials II
Design, Materials Science II, Manufacturing, Electrical Engineering
- Technical Essentials I
As a participant, you will earn 30 ECTS credits for each preliminary course, lasting one semester.
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
770 EUR per month full-time + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR
Applicants from Non-EEA countries without permanent residence permit need to pay a one-time registration fee of 1,000 EUR and must pay the first year’s tuition fee in advance. From the second year onwards the payments for the remaining years of study are due three months before the end of the period of study already paid for.
For more information and payment modalities, please refer to the current fee schedule (valid from 01.12.2020).
Application process and deadlines
We look forward to welcoming you to SRH University Heidelberg very soon.
There are no closing dates for application at our University. This is the application process:
- If you’re interested in our Master’s programme, simply send us your application online.
- If you encounter technical difficulties with the online application or have any questions about your application, your contact person Marie Blache will be happy to help you.
- If you meet the admission requirements, we’ll invite you to a selection interview
- If you pass the selection interview, we’ll send you the acceptance letter and the study contract
- You then sign the study contract and return it to us
- You pay the registration fee
- If you come from a non-EU country, you will pay your tuition fee one year in advance in addition to the registration fee. Further payments from the second year onwards are due three months before the period of study ends that you have already paid for.
- We then issue your letter of acceptance
- You take part in our Welcome Days – and then embark on your degree programme!