Extended application deadline
Application is still possible. Your semester start is planned as hybrid and face-to-face teaching.
Your course content
What you will learn
The growing world population, climate change, and the intensive use of water in industry, agriculture and the energy sector make sustainable water management an existential task – and these issues are addressed on your degree programme.
We will teach you the key aspects of water technology: fresh water generation, domestic and industrial wastewater treatment, and water as a zero-emission energy source. In addition to focusing on technologies that are established in water-rich countries, we also tackle issues such as seawater desalination, hygiene solutions for developing countries, and water conflict prevention.
This degree programme offers you a great deal of flexibility:
- You can choose the Master’s programme with an integrated internship after the first year of study (4 semesters in total, 120 CP).
- If you hold a degree in a non-engineering subject, you can start this Master’s programme after passing a preliminary engineering course lasting one semester.
- You can work up to 20 hours a week while studying.
- Carry out a project abroad, work together with a company, establish important contacts: all this is possible in the last two modules before you start your thesis.
Your career prospects
Our innovative approach that pays off
Sustainable water technology – a goal for your future career: after completing the Master’s programme, you will be able to take on senior engineering and management tasks in the global field of water technology. With core subjects in water quality, water treatment, water reuse, and water power generation, we prepare you for your tasks as an engineer in a global workplace.
In addition to gaining professional expertise in the field of water technology, you will have the opportunity to improve your language skills and gain intercultural competence. We also equip you with the skills required to shoulder management tasks. These are some of the areas where you can pursue your career goals:
- National and international water companies
- Medium-sized and global water management companies
- Research institutions
Successful completion of the Master’s programme also qualifies you to start a doctorate.
Curriculum Water Technology (M.Eng.) Your curriculum
- Water Quality 8
- Water Treatment I 8
- Water Treatment II 8
- Water Treatment III 8
- Waste Management 8
- Water as Energy and Waste to Energy 8
- Water Project – Climate Change Mitigation 10
- Elective 6
- Master's Thesis (including internship in the third semester) 26
Your lecturers We help you achieve your goals
- A Bachelor’s or Diplom degree in engineering, with an average grade of 2.5 or better
- In addition to the final grade, aspects such as professional experience and further training are also taken into account in the assessment.
- English language proficiency: IELTS 6.5 / TOEFL 80 / Duolingo Certificate 95 / PTE Academics 58, or a comparable test
A technical preliminary course for graduates with a degree in economics/business administration enables access to the Master's programme:
- Technical Essentials I - Mathematics, Materials Science, Technical Mechanics
- Technical Essentials II - Design, Materials Science II, Manufacturing, Electrical Engineering
Fees and Funding
Your tuition fees
770 EUR per month full-time + one-time registration fee of 750 EUR
Applicants from Non-EEA countries without permanent residence permit need to pay a one-time registration fee of 1,000 EUR and must pay the first year’s tuition fee in advance. From the second year onwards the payments for the remaining years of study are due three months before the end of the period of study already paid for.
For more information and payment modalities, please refer to the current fee schedule (valid from 01.12.2020).
Application process and deadlines
We look forward to welcoming you to SRH University Heidelberg very soon.
There are no closing dates for application at our University. This is the application process:
- If you’re interested in our Master’s programme, simply send us your application online.
- If you encounter technical difficulties with the online application or have any questions about your application, your contact person Marie Blache will be happy to help you.
- If you meet the admission requirements, we’ll invite you to a selection interview
- If you pass the selection interview, we’ll send you the acceptance letter and the study contract
- You then sign the study contract and return it to us
- You pay the registration fee
- If you come from a non-EU country, you will pay your tuition fee one year in advance in addition to the registration fee. Further payments from the second year onwards are due three months before the period of study ends that you have already paid for.
- We then issue your letter of acceptance
- You take part in our Welcome Days – and then embark on your degree programme!