What is the Baden-Wuerttemberg Scholarship?
The scholarship is for students from Baden-Wuerttemberg who spend a semester abroad as well as for students from abroad who want to spend a semester at a university of Baden-Wuerttemberg.
Reciprocity and exchange
The Baden-Wuerttemberg Stiftung
Nowadays, international experience, language skills and understanding of other cultures are more important for school, studies and career than ever before. The Baden-Württemberg-Stipendium enables qualified young people to take part in a placement abroad and so to broaden their personal horizons. Because for every scholarship holder from Baden-Württemberg, a scholarship holder from abroad comes to the south-west of Germany. The principles of reciprocity and exchange guide this scholarship at it's core.About the Baden-Wuerttemberg Stiftung
Amount of the scholarship 2022/2023
You can apply for an outgoing scholarship if you have successfully applied in your faculty for a study abroad semester at one of our non-European partner universities. The minimum duration of your stay is 3 months.
The amount of the scholarships is:
- Outgoings: Min. € 600 per month
- Incoming: Min. € 700 per month
Getting your documents ready
For the application you have to upload the following documents in the Portal of the Baden-Württemberg-foundation. You have to upload the following documents:
- Application form (available in in the BWS portal)
- Enrolment certificate
- Motivation letter für the selection of your partner university in English or German (max. 2 pages)
- Actual Transcript of Records
- Language certificates, if obligatory for your study abroad
- Transcript of your first degree (if applicable)
- Other certificates (e.g. certificate for voluntary work, social engagement etc.)
There is no legal claim to this scholarship.Click here to apply
The Baden-Wuerttemberg scholarship enabled me to study in the United States and network with other scholarship holders and students from all over the world!
Good to know! FAQ
- Admission requirements for outgoing students (from Germany to abroad): You can only apply for an outgoing scholarship if you have successfully applied in your faculty for a study abroad semester at one of our non-European partner universities. The minimum duration of your stay is 3 months.
- Admission requirements for incoming students (from abroad to Germany): You can only apply if you have been nominated by your International Office for this scholarship at our university.
Application deadline is March 31 for studies starting between July 1 in the same year – June 30 in the following year.
The minimum duration of your stay is 3 months.