Are you a professor, lecturer, sessional lecturer or research assistant? Then you can apply for funding for a teaching stay at an Erasmus+ partner university. During your stay abroad, you can maintain international contacts as well as gaining valuable professional experience abroad.
Funding amount 2021/22
Stays, and therefore funding, are possible at all Erasmus+ partner universities of SRH University Heidelberg. The duration of the guest lectureship is min. 2 max. 14 days per year. Longer stays (of up to 60 days) may also be possible on request. The programme does not cover virtual courses.
The following daily subsistence allowances are paid, depending on the destination country:
- € 180 per day for: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom
- € 160 per day for: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
- € 140 per day for: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, FYR Macedonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey.
The reimbursement of travel costs for Erasmus+ mobility depends on the travel distances:
- 10-99 km: € 20 travel allowance
- 100-499 km: € 180 travel allowance
- 500-1.999 km: € 275 travel allowance
- 2.000-2.999 km: € 360 travel allowance
- 3.000-3.999 km: € 530 travel allowance
- 4.000-7.999 km: € 820 travel allowance
- 8.000 km und mehr: € 1.500 travel allowance
Our partner universities worldwide
SRH University Heidelberg maintains a broad network of partnerships around the world. We are constantly looking for new opportunities to offer you unique experiences worldwide.
How to apply
Getting your documents ready
Before your guest lectureship (start at least 6 weeks beforehand!)
- Contact your chosen Erasmus+ partner university and establish whether and when your guest lectureship may be possible.
- Tell the International Office of SRH University Heidelberg about your plans
- Seek approval of your planned journey from the President’s Office and your line manager (see guidelines for travel on official business). However, you must organise the actual trip (flight, accommodation, etc.) yourself without funding from Reisebüro Frentzen, because the Erasmus+ funding will be transferred to your private account. If you prefer to book through Reisebüro Frentzen, please notify the Erasmus+ Coordinator, Iris Ulbrich, in which case the fixed travel allowance will remain with SRH University Heidelberg.
- Submit the following documents to the Erasmus+ University Coordinator Iris Ulbrich at least 4 weeks before your planned departure. The Erasmus+ funding will then be transferred within around 2 weeks
- Erasmus+ mobility agreement teaching containing your signature and a signature from the host university; the Erasmus+ Coordinator, Iris Ulbrich, is responsible for signing this agreement at SRH University Heidelberg.
- Erasmus Grant Agreement (grant agreement containing your data)
- Approval from the President’s Office and your dean or line manager
During your guest lectureship
- On the last day of your lectureship, ask someone at the host university to sign the Confirmation Letter Teaching Mobility.
After your guest lectureship
- Submit the Confirmation letter teaching mobility to our Erasmus+ Coordinator Iris Ulbrich.
- Complete the EU Survey (final report) as soon as you receive the request by email.
Please note: Failure to complete the above steps will result in having to return the entire Erasmus grant!
Good to know! FAQ
Stays, and therefore funding, are possible at all Erasmus+ partner universities of SRH University Heidelberg.Our Partner Universities
The duration of a guest lectureship is 2 to 14 days per year. Longer stays (of up to 60 days) may also be possible on request. The programme does not cover virtual courses.
You can apply for the Eramus+ programme if you are a professor, lecturer, sessional lecturer or research assistant of SRH University Heidelberg.