What is STIBET?
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) funds with financial means from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (AA) the combined scholarship and support programme STIBET which serves for improved assistance and support for international students as well as for hospitable and performance-lifting surrounding conditions for international students at German universities.
The STIBET scholarships only for international students are a part of this programme. If you study in a Bachelor or Master degree at SRH University Heidelberg and if you comply with the requirements mentioned below you can apply.
There are 2 types of scholarships:
- Graduation scholarships (for study completion)
- Engagement scholarships
There is no legal claim to a STIBET scholarship.
Information about the application process and deadlines
The scholarships are offered every year. In 2021 you can apply from April 1 to May 31.
- For a graduation scholarship you can only apply during the last 12 months of your studies at SRH University Heidelberg. Prerequisite for this scholarship is that you show outstanding academic achievements and the successful graduation is to be expected within 12 months, i.e. before June 1, 2022.
- For an engagement scholarship you can only apply after min. 1 year of studies at SRH University Heidelberg. Prerequisite for this scholarship is special engagement in the international context of SRH university Heidelberg such as supporting fellow students, help at events or social engagement in and outside SRH University Heidelberg.
- Only students who stay in Germany can apply.
The total scholarship amount is presumably max. EUR 750/month for 3 to 4 months.
For the application please send the following document with the subject heading “STIBET scholarship” to the scholarship coordinator Iris Ulbrich, email@example.com:
- Application form (Download here)
- Currents transcript of records (not older than 1 March of the relevant year)
- Status report on your student progress (in German “Studienstandsbescheinigung”, you will get it in your faculty)
- Copy of passport including residence permit