What you can expect
As one of the oldest and largest private universities in Germany, we set standards in education. We convey knowledge that really takes you forward – practice-oriented, innovative and creative. The close collaboration between our students and teachers is particularly important in this process.
These are our commitments:
We are a reliable partner in the education and development of our students. We offer comprehensive personal advice and support, guiding our students through the completion of their studies in the regular study period:
- Open door policy: professors and lecturers are always available to the students
- Intensive learning experience through small groups and participatory teaching
- Mentoring and coaching offers
- 92% of SRH students complete their studies within the regular study period (compared to 60% at public universities)
We listen to your needs. Our students have access to a solution-oriented range of services that support efficient and effective studying.
- No long waiting times for appointments e.g. study organization, examination office, etc.
- The library is open around the clock, seven days a week
- Modern classrooms with extended opening times
- Advice on financing your studies, grants etc.
The CORE principle is characterized by active learning methods that promote independent learning. Through this innovative study model, knowledge and skills are imparted quickly and sustainably. Beside expert knowledge in their field of study, our students also develop comprehensive methodological, social and personal skills.
- Students deal intensively with a practical question over a five-week period.
- Learning objectives, course contents and exams are aligned
- Continuous feedback on your performance through regular testing
- Interdisciplinary teams and learning groups
Our professors and lecturers work at the highest level of quality, from the conception of the programs and regular teacher trainings to the publication of the latest research findings.
- Quality assurance of teaching and internal processes
- Ongoing development and innovation of our programs
- Continuous further training of professors, lecturers and staff
- Experienced professors and top practitioners
All curricula are aligned with the requirements of future job profiles. We combine theory and practice. This means that our students don’t just learn the required contents, but can also apply them in practice. This allows our students to quickly prove themselves in the workplace, making them attractive to future employers.
- Practical projects
- Research projects in cooperation with institutes and companies
- Many professors and lecturers are also practitioners in leadership or expert roles
- Application-related teaching contents, methods and tests
We operate a dynamic network that includes leading experts, partners from various industries as well as former students. This network allows our students to connect with potential employers.
- Internships, study projects and theses in institutes and companies
- Guest lectures and excursions
- Coaching and career counseling on site
- Employers trust the high quality of the SRH University Heidelberg
We see learning and professional opportunities for our students in an increasingly globalized world. We have adapted our programs to the internationalization of the workplace:
- Classes in English
- Degrees recognized abroad
- Possibility of a semester abroad
- Partnerships with foreign universities and institutions
- International SRH University projects and local events in Heidelberg (International Week, Summer School, etc.)
Our campus in Heidelberg is a place for living as well as for studying. The environment creates an atmosphere of wellbeing that is conducive to successful learning.
- Short distances between the schools and university facilities
- Modern and open architecture
- Modern technology and equipment
- Disability access
- Cafeteria, library, dormitories and health club on campus
Building on our tradition and experience of over 40 years, we are constantly developing new programs and improving existing ones – always oriented to the needs and requirements of practice. Our degrees fulfill the most demanding requirements – both at home and abroad:
- One of the oldest and largest private universities in Germany
- Accreditation by ZEvA (Central Evaluation and Accreditation Agency)
- Top places in CHE ranking (the most detailed ranking of German-speaking universities)